2014年6月20日金曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 4

Ⅰ Summary
The story I choose to summarize and react to is "The Selfish Giant".
Children played after school every day in the garden of the tall man.But the giant is selfish.
So children are thrown.But the giant gradually notices one's selfishness and is sorry.The giant becomes easy for children.

Ⅱ Reaction
1 Protagonist
Main character is the giant.And it becomes point is a little boy.

2 Fatal flaw
Because he was selfish, it was avoided in a season and animals.Therefore I was sorry when I knew one's selfishness.

3 Denouement
Finally the giant dies.But this isn't the worst ending.At last he meet little boy.

Ⅲ General opinion
The giant could change.And the giant became easy for a child.But I can't understand last. And I don't 
think happy end.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Hello misa,
    Thank you!
    I read your comments. I agree your opinion. I'm surprised the giant dies finally.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hello Saori.I come thank you for blog.I surprised,too.

      削除
  2. Hello Misa,

    I think the end of the story shows the little boy to be symbol of Christ. As for whether it's a happy end or not, that's a decision each of us makes for ourselves. I tend to think it's a happy ending, but maybe that's because I see the giant's soul as having been redeemed according to the Christian religion.

    返信削除
  3. Hello Misa
    I read your journal, and I enjoyed it.
    After i read it, I can understand this story isn't happy end.

    返信削除